What is the Bluetooth speaker
This is an acoustic speaker that works wirelessly using a speaker, even several, which receives its signals by Bluetooth.
Bluetooth wireless technology is a recent technology since it is less than twenty years old. It allows any electronic device to do a digital data exchange at a short distance.
The Bluetooth connection was first applied in mobile phones and then generalized in several areas of High Tech .
The Bluetooth connection uses the same frequency band as the wifi under the aegis of radio waves.
Bluetooth connectivity is installed on smartphones, speakers with the same name, and many other connected devices. It allows the exchange of digital data especially documents, photos and music.
Ten years after its birth, Bluetooth has gone to version 4.2 which was a revolution since it could offer a very important bitrate. For two years, Bluetooth 5 has emerged and succeeds Bluetooth 4.2. It doubles the range reaching 200 meters and quadruple the flow of low-power transmissions.
- The speaker does not need any internet connection,
- The panoply of colors is vast,
- There are several sizes,
- The sound is very good, sometimes excellent,
- Cheap prices.
How it works
The operation is very simple. Just turn on the device connected to the speaker to:
- listen to music anywhere in audio quality mode or stereo sound quality mode,
- watch a movie or TV show on your PC or tablet and enjoy your speaker.
For what purpose?
The use for such a Bluetooth speaker is either mobile or nomadic or sedentary.
The nomad speaker or portable Bluetooth speaker is usually lightweight with small dimensions. But beware, the more compact it is, the more the sound is degraded. It has a battery whose autonomy does not exceed twenty hours for the best (4 to 12 hours for the average range). Some use batteries instead of the battery, but in any case, the power delivered does not exceed 20 W. Several accessories can be part of the enclosure, be sold separately or offered: integrated microphone of origin, auxiliary input, walkman and audio cable.
Before buying a wireless speaker, check the following points:
For sedentary use
- Compatibility with the devices that will deliver the sound,
- Power and sound quality.
For nomadic use
- Compatibility with the devices from which the sound emanates,
- Built-in battery life,
- Light weight,
- Tuner FM,
- Customization with stickers and other accessories.
The portable Bluetooth speaker (can, despite its small size, sound without distortion of sound, multiroom.
Which speakers to choose?
After the serious tests made in early 2019 by cnet.fr, the best portable and sedentary speakers (unordered list) on the French market are:
- Bose Soundlink Revolve +: from 250 € to 270 €,
- Ultimate Ears (EU) Megaboom3: up to 199 €,
- The Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker: from 170 €,
- Ultimate Ears (EU) Wonderboom: from 50 € to 60 €,
- JBL Flip4: from 80 € to 85 €,
- JBL Flip3: from 50 € to 57 €,
- Sony SRS-XB10: around 49 €.
Speaker placement techniques
First you need to know that with several types of speakers, an application is provided to deal with the bass (SoundTouch). Otherwise, in any room in the house, raising and lowering (raising or lowering) the bass is easy to do. Just take a few precautions:
- mount rubber feet for the box,
- choose the cable that connects the amplifier to the box,
- place the box in a corner of the room,
- place the box between the main speakers.
The speaker is everywhere on the net for cheap price . The High Tech product shown here is chosen for its lowest price .